As the Colorado River winds its way between the Shivwits and Hualapai plateaus, it cascades into the lower gorge of the Grand Canyon creating a world of excitement and unexpected beauty. You will travel 97 miles from Whitmore Wash to South Cove on Lake Mead which includes stretches of exciting rapids and smooth flowing water. The last 34 miles of your trip are spent traveling between the sheer walls and graceful tiers of the upper stretches of beautiful Lake Mead.
Tour West has arranged a unique river expedition to give you access to this marvelous region of the Grand Canyon. Your trip originates in Las Vegas, Nevada, one of the entertainment capitals of the west. The first night of our 3 night package is spent near the rim of the Grand Canyon at the scenic Bar Ten Ranch.
You will meet the first morning of your trip at the McCarran Airport in Las Vegas. You will then fly to the Bar Ten Ranch.
Included in your stay at the ranch:
- 1st night lodging with three home style meals
- Lodge activities including: horseback riding, ranching demonstrations, volleyball & horseshoes, country western program.
- Helicopter transfer from ranch to the river
Once you get to the river you will enjoy 2 full days and nights rafting and camping. Although the largest and the majority of rapids are found above Lava Falls, this three-night program gives an excellent introduction to river running with a chance to sample outdoor cooking and relish nights spent sleeping on a cot under the stars. At trip’s end, you will be transported to Las Vegas airport by bus.
YOUR VACATION INCLUDES:
- Scenic flight from Las Vegas to Bar Ten Ranch
- 1st night lodging with 3 homestyle meals
- Activities at the ranch including: horseback riding, volleyball, ranching demonstrations, horseshoes, & a country western program.
- Helicopter ride from ranch to river
- Sightseeing river trip
- Expert guide service
- Complete camping equipment (cot, sleeping bag, foam pad, duffel bag, utensils, chair)
- Three meals per day, plus snacks
- Transfer by bus from Lake Mead to Las Vegas airport.
2019 Pricing and Dates
Grand Canyon 3 night trips: $1,600
May 4, 17, 24, 31
June 3, 7, 14, 21, 28
July 2, 5, 12, 19, 26
August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
September 6, 13
Grand Canyon River Ratings
CLASS I - X: The Grand Canyon uses a unique river rating scale. The rapids in the Canyon are technically rated I - X ( 1 - 10) to accommodate such a wide variety of rapids and river variances. However, most people are familiar with the regular I - V river rating scale, so we often refer to both.