Tour West Rafting Blog
Archive for February, 2013
Thursday, February 28th, 2013
Here is a picture of two men. The one on the left was a man that loved life and nature and people not so much. Maybe it wasn’t people that he didn’t like so much, but lots of people around at the same time. The one on the right loved life, nature, and people. They became friends in a beautiful, amazing place; the Salmon River. I would love to have them both back for a little while, one running river trips and the other one living on the side of the river and delighting all who passed by with the opportunity to meet a real Mountain Man.
Posted in River Rafting | Comments Off on Two Amazing Men
Saturday, February 16th, 2013
Today I looked up and there was something amazing in the sky. The sky was not gray, it was blue and beautiful. I went outside and the snow had finally melted on the side walks. I went for a walk and it felt so good. Spring is coming. I am sure of it now. Our first river trips are in April. The weather will be warm and beautiful! What do I like most about our Spring rafting trips in the Grand Canyon. The Canyon is green. It is beautiful! You can crawl in your sleeping bag at night and it feels so good. Here is the beautiful blue sky I saw today!
Posted in River Rafting | Comments Off on Blue Sky
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
1. Reconnection. I love the long days without electronic distractions. There is time for talking, laughing, singing, playing games, water fighting, and getting to know each other again.
2. It is exciting
3. It is beautiful
4. You accomplishing something every day. You conquer rapids, go on hikes, study wildlife, learn about the history of the canyons and river, watch the sunset, and sunrise.
5. You learn to appreciate and love nature.
6. The stars are the most amazing light show. They are so bright and beautiful in the clear sky you can hardly shut your eyes to go to sleep.
7. You learn to put up a tent, assemble a cot, take care of your stuff, and survive in the wilderness.
8. The food is great and healthy. No fast food.
9. You learn to love and appreciate our earth and leave determined to take care of it.
10. At the end you have conquered the river. It is an accomplishment to be proud of.
11. You make wonderful new friends.
Saturday, February 2nd, 2013
We have been buried in snow the whole month of January. This is my street. It was covered with snow a few days ago. I for one was glad to see February come. It just brings us closer to Spring and Summer. All this snow is going to make some really fun rapids some where. If you enjoy winter sports the ski resorts in Utah are amazing this year!